Thursday 16 January 2014

No place like home


Hello everyone,

Just a quick post from me this week to share with you my latest card.

 My inspiration was the Prima Optimist paper with all of these beautiful poppies, it just reminded me so much of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.


 The image is a Saturated canary digi called Pigtails, but I think she makes a perfect Dorothy., and I have colored her with Distress inks and Markers

Its hard to see in the photos but Dorothy's ruby slippers are actually very 3d and shiny, To get this look I mixed some ruby Martha Stewart glitter with Stickles ....... and then added glossy accents, I did two layers of this and I really like how they turned out.

  

 Here is a little collage of the flowers I have used, a couple have been sprayed and glittered and all have been distressed with some gesso!


 This cute little picket fence is the Sizzix Iron work gate, its actually about 12 inches so is very versatile and can be used on 12 x 12 layouts too.

 
Well that's it from me, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Kristy xx
Products I used this week.
   Prima Optimist 6x6 Paperpad-Scottie Crafts  Prima 9pc Mauve Silk Flower Fairy Rhymes-Scottie Crafts  Prima Mini Rose Two Tone Pink 10 per bag-Scottie Crafts   Ranger Stickles Dry Fine Black-Scottie CraftsRanger Stickles Dry Fine Fruit Punch-Scottie Crafts  Ranger Distress Ink Pad Black Soot-Scottie Crafts  Cuttlebug Spacer Plate A 6x13 20-01471-Scottie Crafts  Cuttlebug Spacer Plates (2) B 6x13-Scottie Crafts  Cuttlebug Adapter Plate C 6x13-Scottie CraftsSzzx Sizzlts Decrtve Strip Die-Ironwork-Scottie Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment